Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lost then found

Remember what I told you about my post earlier when my friends and I decided to go food tripping for a day? Well, in this post I'm going to tell you more details on some of the funny experiences that we had during that day.

After dining in Santorini, we moved on to our next destination, Causeway which is in Banawe. Basically, none of us didn't know how to get there except for Haya. So we rode a jeep from Espana to Banawe. The driver dropped us somewhere in E. Rodriguez where instead of seeing restaurants, we see auto-parts shop instead. You could imagine our faces when we got there--confused and sort of in a panic mode because we thought that we were lost. So we started asking for directions and they would tell us just to go straight and that we would see a McDonald's and that it's just near. So we walked and walked for kilometers already and then we saw a McDonald's branch but it wasn't the McDonald's that we were looking for. So we walked again. We were walking for about 30 minutes now and my feet hurts like hell!

So we keep on walking til we saw Razon's. Sinch everyone of us is already tired, we decided to go inside and order something. Here's what we ordered:

The very famous, Razon's halo-halo which is my favorite!





After eating, we decided to continue on to our journey in finding Causeway. (Lol, that sounded weird) On our way again, we found this small Taiwanese restaurant Feng Wei Wee and then my friend was like "Hey, let's eat here so that we can add something for our magazine". So we went inside and ordered these:




Here are the rest of the dishes from the restaurant

After that, we finally saw what we're looking for! We were so happy that we rushed and ran towards the restaurant. We even realized that we could have taken the jeep instead but we were unsure if it would take us to the our destination. So much for that, anyway, there was a deep sense of relief when we got to Causeway. We immediately ordered some of my favorite dimsum like siomai and chicken feet. But what made this food trip even unforgettable is that we ordered something exotic.



Yep, we ordered Fried Frog Legs and man, it tastes so good! Way better than chicken! :)

But our food trip in Banawe doesn't end here. Just across Causeway, we saw Bodhi, a restaurant that serves healthy dishes. I'm not really a vegetable-person but for the sake of our magazine, I finally gave in. Here's what we ordered:





All smiles for a happy tummy :)

So this ends our food trip in Banawe. Our stomachs were so happy that we went home with a full tummy but  an empty wallet (*sighs) But it was worth it, my friends and I had fun and someone told me that it's not bad to spend much on food. This definitely would not be the last but I still need to save though for our next food trip adventures. Can't wait for that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment