Friday, February 22, 2013

Graphika Manila 2013


I know this is a very very late post but I know I can't miss to blog everything about what happened to my first every Graphika Manila!

So my friends and I arrived at the PICC about 9:30 already (and btw, we were supposed to meet at our friend's condo at exactly 8:00 but I was an hour late! Hehehehe) When we got there, the line was very long nd we waited for like an hour and a half before we can go inside the venue. So when we got there, the program started late. It's supposed to start 10:00 am but it started past 11:00 already.

In the morning session, there were three speakers James White from Signalnoise, The Devil Robots and our very own, Armand Serrano who is an alumnus from UST and is currently working in Sony Pictures Animation. The speakers were really informative yet funny. Screw long and boring talks--in fact, they were very nice, friendly and entertaining! I really think James White is really funny and somehow, cute! Hahaha! The Devil Robots were also hilarious! They even gave some of us some to-fu souvenirs which was really cute! Armand Serrano, on the other hand was not kind of serious but he truly is inspiring. It just proves to me that Filipino talent it also world-class.

So lunch break started around 1:00 pm and every delegate was already starving! So a swarm of GM delegated came over the Harbour Square because it was the nearest place where there are food chains and stuff in the PICC (aside from Star City). Funny thing is that all restaurant and fast foods were already full so my friends and I were really pissed and we were desperate to eat something. (And fyi, I haven't eaten my breakfast yet so you can really feel the pain that my I'm feeling that day) Okay, so much for that. Finally...my friends and I decided to go on separate ways (chos) because we were starting to lose our patient and even one of us suggested that we will have our lunch in Starbucks since it's the only one who doesn't have a lot of customers inside but I said to myself, "No, I have to eat something. I have to eat rice." So JP, Jason and I found ourselves ordering siomai, chicken feet and hakao from Hap Chan. And I have to tell you, it's the worst lunch that I have! Though, I'm thankful that we were able to eat something but after that, I felt that I haven't eaten anything! The service was just too unsatisfactory! After that, since we were not really full, we decided to buy donuts from Krispy Kreme and man, I have to say, it was the most delicious thing that I have eaten that day!

So when we went back to PICC, the other speakers were there already such as Benjamin Seide from Pixomondo who created the visual effects for Game Of Thrones (HOW COOL IS THAT!); Benja Harney, a paper engineer; Ryan Honey from BUCK and my favorite and the only female in the group, Jessica Walsh. They were all amazing and inspiring! Someday (and I hope eventually sooner) I would be as good as them and even work in firms and big companies such as those! Anyway, I really love Jessica Walsh! I really find her funny yet smart and after the event, I was actually fangirl-ing like constantly tweeting her and sending her of our pictures and she even replied and mentioned my name which was really sweet!

I had a blast on my first Graphika Manila experience not only because I was with my friends but because I learned a lot. Can't wait for next year! :)

With Jessica Walsh! <3



Devil Robots and Jessica Walsh signed my Graphika Manila mini-book! (*screaming)

Kit bag and ID

With the awesome, James White (I really dont know why Mixi put this thing on her face, haha!)



No comments:

Post a Comment