Friday, February 22, 2013

Hollywood debuts

Hi guys! I've attended several debuts now and I'd like to share some my Hollywood-themed debuts I've been to. One problem about special occasions is what dress are you going to wear, who's going to do your hair and make-up, what are you going to give to the debutante, what are you going to say, etc. Lucky for me, I have a fashionista cousin who always helps me in times of fashion and make-up crisis.

Okay, let's take a look at Chin's debut last year held at Citystate Tower Hotel. I really don't have that much time to prepare and I still don't have the 'perfect' dress. Lucky for me, my cousin let me borrow her dress and I paired it with my new gold pumps to give that simple but dashing look.

Black dress from Forever 21; Pumps from SoFab!

The high school friends. Chin looks amazing, doesn't she?

One of my favorite photos from the photobooth

My date for that night loljk! Haha!

And last November was also my friend, Kristine's birthday. Lucky for me, I was able to come home for her birthday since her debut's venue is in Ozamiz. Basically, her theme was also Hollywood too so I was kind of having that panic attack again on what to wear and since I don't have that much of formal/semi-formal dresses, I have no choice but to look for a simple, catchy yet affordable dress. So here's what I wore that night.



Dress from Apartment 8

Here goes my favorite gold pumps again 


I even won as 'Female of the Night' which was actually kind of funny. Hahaha! And look, I even have that cute little Oscar award. :)
With the one and only, Carla Monique-- the girl who did my make-up and I absolutely love it! Want to book her? You can check her Facebook and Twitter! :)
With my high school barkada :) (insert a lot of names here pa! Haha)
Us with the debutante, herself. Doesn't she look stunning? 

It's not about the dress, the shoes or the gifts, it's basically about the memories and the tons of fun you had during the night. It's okay to dress up a little (well, maybe not a little) as long as it's for a good cause. I hope this post will help you get an idea on what to wear on your next party/debut. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment