Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dusk and Summer: Bacolod Day 6

It's our last day in Bacolod and believe me, it was the saddest part of the vacation. Kidding! We are just going to miss Bacolod, Keith's house, his family since we were like their adopted children for a week! Before anything else, we dropped by Virgie's and Bongbong's to buy some Bacolod delicacies and pasalubongs for our families and friends back home! Of course, I could not leave Bacolod without buying my favorite, barquiron and other famous delicacies such as piaya, butter scotch and barquillos! Plus, we also discovered a new favorite--Napoleones! Too bad I didn't have a picture of it (before we ate it) but trust me, it was really delicious and mouth-watering! Aaaaah! Couldn't describe the feeling!

We then headed back to Keith's home to continue packing up. Anyway, since our flight is 8:55, we pretty much still have enough time to drop by Calea's which (they say) is a must-try if you're in Bacolod. Now since I'm pretty much obsessed with cheescakes, hence, oreo cheescake. (as usual, haha) Too bad I didn't have a picture here in my laptop but I posted it in my Instagram! You can follow me at: bealogy19

Hot mocha

Their bestseller. Choclate Cake!

Now would you look at those lovely cakes.
Photos are from DJ Poblete

After Calea, we headed to the airport and time to face the reality again. We're really sad that we're leaving since we feel like Bacolod was our home for what--a week or so? Awww, worst part is we found out that our flight is delayed for like 3 hours! Ugghhh! And I still have an early flight the next day from Manila to Ozamiz. So you could imagine my horror and anguish when I heard that. :( Okay so much for that.

Well, let me take this opportunity to say 'thank you' to first of all, Keith's parents-- to Tito Rene, for being so patient and our personal 'tour guide' and driver (even though we know you're already tired, you still get to crack some jokes, haha!) and to Tita Jackie for taking good care of us, for cooking us dinner and generally for the overwhelming hospitality! To Keith's other relatives, housemates (which were also our housemates for a week), to our parents for trusting us and letting us experience this vacation with my favorite people in college and of course, to our dear friend Keith for inviting us over to his hometown. This is such a memorable and unforgettable experience not just to me, but to all of us. Would definitely love to visit Bacolod again soon! :)


With our 'parents-for-a-week' Tito Rene and Tita Jackie! :)



I love these people so much and I'm so glad I get to spend this amazing summer experience with them (even though we're not complete.) So, how's your summer vacation so far? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment